Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Newest Poem

Most of you probably don't know this, but I like to write poetry. I have done so since high school, and sometimes my husband will take my poems and put them to music. I have had a drought of about 2 years, where I have been unable to write anything. It is certainly understandable that our son's death took a toll on my creativity. But recently, I was inspired and jotted down this poem very quickly. It is about Jesus and Mary's relationship and how it affected her to lose Him. It is still untitled.


It had seemed like such a normal day,
When your son Jesus Christ came over to stay.
He said, "Mom, there's something I need you to know,
I've found out my destiny, where I need to go."
You saw His eyes were filled with tears
As he told you the them of your very worst fears.

"Mom, my Heavenly Father has given me His plan;
To save their souls, take the death of one man.
I don't want to leave, but you know I must go.
There's a world to say, and I'll give them my all."
The words that He said chilled your heart to the core.
He had to die so that we'd be reborn.

The day had now come, and your tears were flowing,
Your Son on a cross, and a crowd that was growing.
It hurt you so badly to lose this young man
But you knew this must go according to plan.
As your Son gave his life and went from this place,
So went your heart, in a flourish of grace.

The pain of losing your very own Son,
It grew strong in spite of the battle He's won.
Your are close to the Mothers whose hearts have been torn
After all, He's your Son; from you He'd been born.
The tears and the sorrow of losing Him then
In Heaven were gone, when you saw Him again.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Lauren! Out of pain, comes beauty. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margaret Mary. I hope to be able to share more.

      Delete