Friday, March 21, 2014

It's Spring! (at least for now...)

Hello dear friends,

I realize that I have not written in a few days. I got busy, and then I got involved with my classes, which I really like so far! And then I went outside!

Whew, after the winter we have had, I am so, so glad to see sunshine and feel the warm air. I was beginning to wonder if we were going to just skip spring and go right to summer! Now, I'm a bit bummed out because I heard that next Tuesday there is a chance of snow =(. But I am also just really excited to have some sunshine! The snow's gotta stop sometime...

I'm also excited because I found out that my arthritis in my knees is not rheumatoid, which means it's not an autoimmune thing. It's osteoarthritis and it's only in my kneecaps, and a really mild case. Wahoo!!! The best thing I can do for it is to exercise, which is what I have been dying to do anyway. Nick and I walked 3 miles yesterday on a nearby bike trail, and my knees didn't hurt! I plan to try and walk every other day to help my arthritis and to lose weight.

Speaking of losing weight, I am down about 15 lbs so far eating paleo. It feels great! I'm down about a size and a half, and my face is clearing up really nicely. I'll post some more recipe ideas soon.

Finally, I wanted to post a picture of what I see every day while I am at my computer. As we are waiting to get a computer desk from my parents, the computer is on a round table next to a window. Right near where I put the bird feeder and the suet. We have a TON of cardinals in the trees near us, and also some black-and-white finches. Here's a picture I snapped while I was working on medical terminology.


No comments:

Post a Comment