Monday, March 3, 2014

This new normal ROCKS!

Well, for the first time since we lost Peter, I can really say that I feel good! It's like a huge weight has lifted from me and I feel so much lighter and happier. Nick and I were talking the other day, and we have finally been able to say we feel "normal" again. I put normal in quotation marks because we will never be back to the normal we knew before our loss, but I think I like this new normal even better.

Even finding out that I have osteoarthritis in my knees (really painful btw) couldn't dampen my spirits. Although it is a bit of a bummer to be laid up when I really feel like going out and doing things. But I'll stay in bed until my appointment with my rheumatologist because I don't want my knee to give out again.

Another reason for my happiness is because of an unexpected increase in our tax refund, I am able to start my classes! Peter really took care of us, and now I am going to study to be a medical coder! In layman's terms, the medical coder goes through patient medical records and encodes them for insurance purposes. I'm currently taking medical terminology and anatomy, and I will be taking the rest of the courses when I finish these.

Gotta go now, I'll update when I get details.

No comments:

Post a Comment